Storm the Scarpment
- Fully-marked racecourse with no navigation involved
- Solo, tag team and team options of 2 or 4
- Short & fun relay laps (less than an hour to1.5 hours per lap)
- Bare-minimum gear requirements (canoes & kayaks provided)
- Military-style obstacle course on the run section
- (and no – not one with fire, mud pits or live electrical wires!)
- Some of the best mountain biking in Southern Ontario
- Racer’s lounge area and a highly-social transition zone between laps
- Real-time race results at the finish
Race DetailsSelect Race
Start Date/Time September 13, 2014 @ 9:00 am
End Date/Time N/A
Map View Map
Reviews Write a Review
Despite the rainy start to the day, this event was just as awesome as the other Storm Events. On schedule, excellent volunteers, superb food/drinks/snacks in the Racer's Lounge (and couches for resting too), positive atmosphere and challenging course. I'll be signing up next year!
I did this race twice in 2007 (co-ed tag team) and 2008 (women's team of 6), back when it was a 10h race. Sean Roper runs an excellent event, very fun and well-organized. This is a great race for all levels, from the newbie to the seasoned vet looking for a challenge. There's no orienteering, just a great paddle, ride, and run on a fully marked trail.
What I particularly love about this event is that you're not really racing anyone on course, since there are so many categories - anyone that you meet is probably in another division. This puts people in a better mind to encourage each other and help out where necessary. The transition zone is relaxed and there's a great ambiance for the whole duration. Excellent volunteers, a fantastic, challenging course, great (and useful) prizes, and beautiful views from the top of the escarpment.
I can't wait till I can do this race again, or any of the Storm events!
What a super race! I love these adventure races and find them challenging, well organized and competitive if you like that sort of thing. Go hard I always say....or go home!
I watched this race one year, and competed at other Storm Events, always a good time with friends. Teams get to bond and support each other which is the best part.