Hollywood Half Marathon
Race DetailsSelect Race
Start Date/Time April 1, 2017 @ 7:00 am
End Date/Time N/A
Address West Hollywood
Map View Map
Reviews Write a Review
Ticked off triathlete
Yes, I am a triathlete, but I am also a runner. I am used to paying alot of money for my races (several hundred dollars in fact), so my $90 entry fee was not made without consideration. Overall, I feel like my money was not well spent, as there are over 12 other half marathons (or more) that I could have done this month. I would not pay this money again for this poorly run event, even the early bird price seems not to be worth it.
I am in the same boat as the above runners, very disappointed based on the pre race hype, I spent alot of money travelling from outside the state, hotels, meals, etc. I feel that there were far too many runners for the organizers to manage. I would be hard pressed to run this again.
What I loved about this race:
1. The shirts - technical (not cotton) and flashy
2. The bling - A hollywood star - how thematic!
3. The start - running through Universal City Walk
What they can improve on:
1. The route - 2 miles down after the start - same 2 miles at the end - pure hell.
2. After finishing that hell of a hill, I had to walk back DOWN it to the 5k start line to meet up with my husband. I felt for those coming up the hill (everyone was walking).
3. They stopped shuttle service - what for? Really needed it after the race. That's when they needed it the most.
Top 10 Reasons NOT To Run The Hollywood Half Marathon
1. The website was atrocious and confusing (I also sent 3 emails that were never answered)
2. The expo was rammed with poor parking options
3. The people at the information booth were sarcastic and unhelpful
4. The race started late
5. There was nowhere to warm up and no elite corral (the start line was 12 feet wide)
6. There were 4 bathrooms for 5000+ people at the start line (I couldn't hit the bathroom...UNTIL MILE 11)
7. The course was brutal (the downhill at the beginning was insane)
3 miles - 14:28
10K - 30:40
10 miles - 50:45
13.1 - 1:10 something...
8. The water stops were not set up for the elites and ran out of cups for the weekend warriors
9. No bands or music on the course
10. Poor traffic and crowd control
In short, lots of empty promises...limo rides? party shuttles? VIP Tent?